Jonathan M. Weis
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award for Responsiveness and Service Quality
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0 Peer Review Rated
- AVVO Superb Attorney Rating-Top Rated Lawyer
Jonathan is co-managing partner of Levin Ginsburg, where he has practiced law since he graduated from law school, cum laude, in 1996. His practice focuses primarily on litigation and dispute resolution. Jonathan has extensive complex litigation and trial experience and represents large multi-national and public companies as well as condominium associations, small businesses, and individuals. Jonathan has experience litigating claims relating to contracts, business torts, real estate transactions, shareholder and partnership disputes, landlord-tenant (commercial and residential), condominium issues, municipal and building code matters, trust and probate, construction, mechanics liens, banking and foreclosure, employment, Illinois Department of Revenue matters, and tobacco master settlement and tobacco regulatory issues.
In addition to having nearly three decades of experience in traditional litigation and dispute resolution, Jonathan has in-depth experience with a variety of forms of alternative dispute resolution, including domestic and international arbitration and mediation.
Jonathan also has a deep understanding of the unique issues related to the ATM industry as well as the retail and wholesale petroleum business.
University of Illinois College of Law, J.D. cum laude 1996
Cornell University, B.A. (English)
Courts and Bar Admissions
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Trial Bar, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association, including Litigation Section and Business Section
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association, including former Chair of the Civil Litigation Practice Group
- Cornell University 1865 Society Philanthropic Group
- Legal Columnist for Illinois Bankers Association Journal
- Legal Columnist for Gordon Food Service “Next Course” Trade Journal
Jonathan enjoys world travel, tennis, cooking, and spending time with his wife, Lisa, and son, Samuel.
Contact Jonathan Weis
Note: The sending/exhange of information does not establish an attorney/client relationship. Please do not send confidential or sensitive information until you speak with one of our attorneys.